Select Blinds - Disintegrating Blinds

I ordered a roomful of top down matchstick shades a little over 3 years ago from SelectBlinds.Within months they began falling apart.

My mistake, I waited until just past their lifetime warranty (3 years!!!!!-who knew that was a lifetime???) to call and let them know that I now had every one of my 9 blinds inoperable, slats falling the the floor, mechanisms broken-literal blind suicide. It looks like we are living in a ghetto. They admitted I had received defective blinds, but offered only a 50% discount, which would have amounted to only a 20% discount over what I paid 3 years ago. While all 3 people I spoke with were pleasant it became clear that they had no intention of offering anything further-like replacing admittedly DEFECTIVE product!

The supervisor would not speak to me. I'm really upset and disappointed that this company would have so little respect for their product and their customers to not replace this defective product. BTW-this is a household of 2 adults (no pets), we operate these blinds 2x a day. Not exactly heavy use!!!

If anyone needs further proof - see pics attached. If you need another vendor for blinds, try I have similar blinds from them that are 12 years old. Not ONE problem.

I will be replacing the trash I received from SB with their blinds.A costly lesson learned.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #479050 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Select Blinds? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 03, 2014 #894787 Georgetown, Texas

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! I cannot tell you how infuriated I am after spending thousands of dollars on these cheap pieces of GARBAGE! Every single one of my shades (9 total) has unraveled, or in some other way just plain fallen apart. After the first one fell apart, it was replaced at our cost, and has not had a single issue...not sure if they send the crappy batch first, and then wait for complaints, or what...but this is inexcusable...I have never dealt with a company so unwilling to back their product up or try to make it right. I will NEVER buy from them again, and I tell everyone I know not to either.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Select Blinds. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Select Blinds.
Filing a new complaint about