Select Blinds - Disintegrating Blinds
I ordered a roomful of top down matchstick shades a little over 3 years ago from SelectBlinds.Within months they began falling apart.
My mistake, I waited until just past their lifetime warranty (3 years!!!!!-who knew that was a lifetime???) to call and let them know that I now had every one of my 9 blinds inoperable, slats falling the the floor, mechanisms broken-literal blind suicide. It looks like we are living in a ghetto. They admitted I had received defective blinds, but offered only a 50% discount, which would have amounted to only a 20% discount over what I paid 3 years ago. While all 3 people I spoke with were pleasant it became clear that they had no intention of offering anything further-like replacing admittedly DEFECTIVE product!
The supervisor would not speak to me. I'm really upset and disappointed that this company would have so little respect for their product and their customers to not replace this defective product. BTW-this is a household of 2 adults (no pets), we operate these blinds 2x a day. Not exactly heavy use!!!
If anyone needs further proof - see pics attached. If you need another vendor for blinds, try blindsanddrapery.com. I have similar blinds from them that are 12 years old. Not ONE problem.
I will be replacing the trash I received from SB with their blinds.A costly lesson learned.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "I ordered a sample of the colors that they have for there blinds and we went and matched it up with our floors to make sure that they were the..."
- "I went to Affordable dentures about 1 and half years ago, and had them make me an upper denture, when the teeth were pulled two months later the denture did..."
- "I purchased a pre owned GMC Van ($47,900) that was previously owned by the owner of Suntrup. When I asked what was wrong with it, and if it had..."
- "$7,500 in repair estimates after being told nothing wrong with vehicle (2006 BMW X5). Said they would do repairs, ignored me, decided not to do anything as retaliation for..."
- "At lunch time we went yo safeway to get some food. We got some beans dip and some tostitos dipping rolls to start with. What a sorprise we had when..."
- "No, I would not order ANY pillow made with memory foam. Cut up memory foam won't be any better than intact memory foam and PROBABLY A WHOLE LOT WORSE. The..."
- "I was "lucky" I received my 3 dresses and 2 necklaces but it took a while. You couldn't tell from the site that every thing ships from China. Every thing..."